DIY Facial Toner
Do you feel like you’re doing all the right things but your skin is STILL oily!? Using a toner may help.
The biggest argument in favor of using a skin toner is that it restores your skin’s pH balance. Due to the alkalinity of soap, it causes our skin to be less acid after cleansing. When the skin needs to work in overdrive to regain its more acidic natural pH level between five and six, it may overproduce oil. Using a toner can help quickly return your skin to its proper pH level.
An alcohol-based toner strips off natural oils, so it is important to use a gentle alcohol-free toner. Make your own toner with a few easy-to-get, highly beneficial ingredients and essential oils that will transform this average toner into a premium product. Use your toner after cleansing and before moisturizing.
Vitamin E is both a nutrient and an antioxidant. Vitamin E oil prevents the formation of wrinkles by blocking free radical damage. It treats wrinkles by boosting collagen production, a connective tissue that keeps skin elastic and supports new skin cell growth and speeds up cell regeneration. If you are more prone to acne, use less or omit this from the recipe, as it is heavy on your skin.
Witch hazel is a plant native to North America and parts of Asia that has been used for centuries for its skin-soothing properties. Its powerful antioxidant and astringent benefits are known to help speed healing, prevent signs of aging, stop cellular damage that can lead to skin cancer, and eradicate bacteria that lives within the pores of the skin.
What oils can you use and what are the benefits?
- Frankincense gives your skin a youthful appearance.
- Tea tree has been used for centuries by the aborigines to cleanse the skin. Caution: this oil can be drying to the skin.
- Cypress supports healthy skin. *Use with caution during pregnancy.
- Geranium promotes healthy, clear, glowing skin.
DIY Facial Toner Recipe
- 2 oz container of choice
- 2 oz Witch hazel
- ½ tsp Vit E
- 3 drops Frankincense (optional)
- 3 drops Tea tree (optional)
- 3 drops Cypress
- 3 drops Geranium
- Fill 2 oz bottle ¼ an inch from the top with witch hazel.
- Add vitamin E and essential oils. Shake well before use.