DIY Mud Mask
Are you dying for a relaxing spa treatment? Making your own mud mask is an affordable way to feel pampered and treat your skin to what is deserves.
The minerals in mud are highly effective for absorbing oil from deep within the pores as they dry, trapping oil in the mud. Mud is often used to detoxify and tone skin and is used as an anti-inflammatory agent for skin disorders.
Some other benefits of mud include: reducing signs of aging, improving circulation, shrinking large pores, rinsing away blackheads, and helping to clear acne. Please note that the mud will draw out some moisture from your skin as it dries, so it is recommended that you follow up with a moisturizer. ART Light or Intensive Moisturizer are two great moisturizer options from Young Living’s skin care line.
What oils can you use and what are the benefits?
- Spearmint moisturizes and refreshes the skin.
- Tea Tree has been used for centuries by the aborigines to cleanse the skin. Caution: this oil can be drying to the skin.
- Lavender has a calm and soothing effect on your skin.
DIY Mud Mask Recipe
- 4 oz canning jar
- About ¼ cup dead sea mud
- 1 drop Spearmint
- 1 drop Tea Tree
- 1 drop Lavender
- Apply a thin layer of mud mask on cleansed skin.
- Leave the mask on your face for at least 15 minutes, or until it dries.
- Avoid facial gestures while the mask is on your face. The mask may crack.
- After 15 minutes, rinse your face with warm water.
Amazon is a great place to order Dead Sea mud for your mud mask. Search for 100% Dead Sea mud.